Pirate Cycling League is proud to welcome Graduate Lincoln as the host hotel for the 2017 Gravel Worlds. Located on the corner of 9th and P, right in the heart of the Downtown/Haymarket area of Lincoln (the site of the host hotel from years past, Holiday Inn), Graduate Lincoln is Lincoln’s first boutique hotel is uniquely designed around the history and culture of Nebraska.
THREE WAYS TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM(S):
- Use this Direct Link that will allow your guests to book online on their own with your discount: Gravel Worlds Cyclists
Call the hotel at (402)-475-4011. Please be aware that the hotel is still under renovation, so there are just a couple of employees there during the day (until around 5 or so). If you call after that, you can leave a message on the direct line (402)-475-4031.
Via the website, graduatelincoln.com. Use the Group Code to apply the discount: 170817GRAV
- Address: 141 North 9th St, Lincoln, NE 68508
- Front Desk: 402-475-4011
- The standard rate is $179/night, but the discounted rate for Gravel Worlds Cyclists is $129/night, including breakfast!
- Cut-off date when that discounted rate will expire is 7/27/2017
- Free WiFi is included for all guests of the hotel
- Graduate Lincoln has a complimentary shuttle that runs within a 2 mile radius of the hotel as well as transportation to and from the Lincoln Airport
- Double queen bedrooms and single king bedrooms area available
- 24 hour access to fitness center
- Graduate Lincoln is a pet friendly hotel
- There is a full service bar and restaurant in the hotel
One of the (many) sweet things about participating in Gravel events is that wherever you go, there is a uniqueness to the terrain, the geography, and the roads themselves. We’re particularly fond of our gravel and this year’s shirts and posters reflect what we’ve got: corn, cows, and pirates. These shirts are available online as part of the registration process for $20.
We just may produce a few (emphasis on “few”) extras… IF we do, they will be available at check-in on Friday, August 18th. Check in early, or go home threadless.
TO THE WINNERS, GO THE SPOILS
This year’s overall Men’s and Women’s winners (first finisher of each gender across the line) will receive this brilliant painting courtesy of the James J. Froese archives. James is the father of accomplished cyclist—and our returning Masters Men Gravel World Champion—Ethan Froese.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
A prolific and versatile artist James J Froese worked in a variety of media. He is best known for his paintings, drawings and assemblages. His artistic style encompasses a range from highly realistic to totally non-objective; often using references to historical events and influences of Native American Art. A visual storyteller, Froese juxtaposes whimsy with the mundane, unraveling the complex layers beneath our common experiences. James Froese is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including a Ford Foundation Purchase Award (Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri). Froese has been exhibited alongside Salvador Dali in a juried art show. His works reside in the private collections of artists throughout the United States.